"O Lord GOD, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do anything like Your works and Your mighty deeds?" Deut. 3:24

Friday, December 12, 2008

Who would have thunk...

Who would have thunk that the family that loves snow almost as much as sun - is now praying that the Lord would gives us a day break from it. No...it hasn't snowed yet! But they are forecasting it and very very cold weather! And not just the paranoid and excitable local forecasters but the National Weather Service. They are forecasting cold that we have not seen since 1990.

And I remember that winter! I was carrying my second and had a toddler that had never seen snow. I remember my brother exclaiming, "Really, it never gets this cold! We are a steady gray and 50 degrees winter and summer! Never this cold!" His protesting exclamation was heard as he helped us with our frozen broken pipes that had now thawed enough to spill very cold water onto the garage floor and soak into the still unpacked boxes from our recent move to the Northwest from California. We were used to cold, having grown up in the Midwest and living in Minnesota for a time, but our house and the pipes were not!

Anyway, I digress. We are the ones always praying for snow and usually not having a lick of it while neighbors a mile down have enough to make snowmen and sled to their hearts desire! But not this weekend. This weekend my first-born was to drive home from college. But not so this weekend! And they are saying that this is to carry on until Christmas! A white Christmas - how fun is that! Except when one is waiting for a child to make it home!

I will keep you posted!

No comments: