"O Lord GOD, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do anything like Your works and Your mighty deeds?" Deut. 3:24

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

times you wish you could bottle up

"These are the times you wish you could bottle up and put away for the future, then open up the jar years later and out would come all the love and memories and smells !!" - quote from a grandfather leaving a comment on a friend's post.

Experience speaks. May we as mamas listen!

So short is the time we really have to enjoy our little ones. I can say that because I not only have a little one still at home - but my oldest, "little one" is already out on her own and living far from home. As I gaze at her face via web-cam, and I long to touch her nose with the tip of my finger, emotions flood my soul. How I miss her presence and wish I could hold her close and smell her hair as she lays her head on my shoulder.

"Enjoy you children." Advice given to me many many years at my first baby shower. Advice I now give to any when asked. So when the dailiness of life presses in, I have answered the thousandeth question for the day, listened to yet another dialog that seems rambling and relentless, and the begging of one more hug for the night; may I take my own advice and know that I can't bottle up these moments to release later!

No comments: