"O Lord GOD, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do anything like Your works and Your mighty deeds?" Deut. 3:24

Sunday, October 26, 2008

They say the first post is the hardest!

They say the first post is the hardest. Indeed!
But it was agreed that I should have a blog too, along with the girls. So the girls brainstormed, and I added a yea or nay here and there, and here it is.
Wellspring - a source or supply of anything, esp. when considered inexhaustible. My girls' idea of me! Funny, huh? If ever there was someone exhausted - it would be me! But the term is flattering nonetheless. It was humorous and humbling to listen to the girls brainstorm over the name and the reasons behind it. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I have been able to be there for them in so many ways. And every mama longs to hear how they are appreciated. And there is something very special having your young adult daughters still perceived you as a wellspring!
But lets face it...without THE WELLSPRING...providing all I ever have need of, THE Source of inexhaustible, my lack would far outweigh anything given. No! The Glory belongs to the Giver of Life, The Almighty Father, wonderful Counselor, Sustainer, Giver of Strength, Giver of Wisdom, Provider of Love, Encourager and so much more. If I am anything, it is because of Him, who first loved me!
From the moment of cradling my precious first born and being overwhelmed by responsibility of caring for an eternal soul; to this very moment of watching two of them being sent forth and out to accomplish the will of the Lord in their lives, I am forever grateful that their Father in heaven was and is the guiding, molding and supreme force in shaping them to be who He purposed and made them to be. And I am constantly amazed that He allowed me to be a part of their lives.
So...to my girls who think of me as a wellspring...thank you. To my Father in heaven who is my wellspring...Thank you!

1 comment:

Life is Good said...

Yay MK! There's a blogger in you after all! I love your site and the scriptures and meanings. I love the quote at the bottom--it's so you! Looking forward to reading your blogs!
Love, Jami